Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I summon you!

I summoned my first beast into a fight last night, sparking some much needed project momentum. I should have beasts totally fighting and dying on my behalf by days end, moving that much closer to the meat and potatoes of the game, the elements system. I've done a lot of paperwork on that during transit sessions, but its the notion of balance that scares me.

Granted, modern patch methodology has trained people not to expect a complete game until well after launch, but thats not a crutch I'm comfortable leaning on. I can only hope that the game play evolves in a way that makes it easy to weed out the exploits before they become systemic. Last thing I want is a bunch of nerf bat whining on account of me having no idea what I'm doing in a world this size.

In any event, there's still a lot of good ideas yet to be implemented or even fully thought out. I think now is as gooda time as any to get the custom outputs going, so it can grow with the game instead of just being tacked on. Oh yeah, and I guess I need to get somebody to test it.

No comments:

Post a Comment